Fun fact: Traditionally, wedding favours were simple confections such as sugar cubes or sugared almonds.
Even more fun fact: These days, the sky’s the limit when it comes to wedding favour ideas.
To help you decide what might work best for your wedding day, we’ve rounded up an array of wedding favour ideas for every kind of couple.
1. For the Philanthropists – In lieu of wedding favours, make a small donation in each guest’s name and leave cards at each place setting to let them know.
2. For the Environmentalists – A small packet of seeds for a plant or tree, with the bride and groom’s initials.
3. For the Romantics – A mix CD with your favourite songs or your wedding day soundtrack.
4. For the Traditionalists – Chocolates or candies with personalized initials or a tag with your names and date.
5. For the Coffee Lovers – Specialty beans from a local roaster in small clear bag.
6. For the Winter Wedding – A simple tree ornament that can serve as a lovely reminder of your wedding for years to come.
7. For the Little Ones – Crayons and colouring books with their names.
8. For the Eccentrics – Homemade fortune cookies, with paper fortunes you make up and print yourself.
9. For the Young at Heart – A self-serve candy bar where guests can fill up and take home their goodies in little paper bags.
10. For the Practical – A small magnet with your initials or date is a great favour for weddings that feature a photo booth.